Paperwork Needed For Tax Resolution Appointment

Question: The IRS is hounding me and won’t leave me alone, so I’ve finally decided to seek help from a Tax Professional who specializes in IRS problems.  I want to start getting my paperwork together for the appointment; what will I need to bring with me?

Answer:  It’s very important to have certain documentation with you for the initial interview.  Your tax resolution specialist will need this info to protect your income and assets and to determine the best way to move forward to resolve your tax issues.  The items to bring include:

  • The most recent IRS/State tax notices and collection letters;
  • The latest filed income (1040) tax return
  • A monthly household cash flow budget by expense category (list all outflows and inflows of money)
  • Your most recent paystubs with YTD info verifying income from all sources and all withholdings and payroll deductions;
  • If you are self-employed, an independent contractor, or small business owner, prepare a “rough draft” current profit and loss statement. If this is not possible, just bring your Schedule C from your most recently filed 1040;
  • A list of any quarterly estimated tax payments made, if any, for the current year

The information above will determine which IRS debt settlement program is best suited for you, including settling with the IRS for a fraction of what you owe, if you qualify.

We at Jim Matthews CPA are experts at navigating the IRS maze and will customize a resolution plan to fit your individual needs to help you permanently solve your IRS Problems. Call us today at 972-613-3034 for a free confidential consultation.